What is the secret to the perfect tomato sauce?
Today I gift you with a secret of mine!
“The secret of a great tomato sauce is a good red onion. “
To make a perfect fresh tomato sauce, you need :
- 15 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion and a clove of garlic
- 2 “twist “of fresh crushed black pepper
- 4 leaves of fresh basil
- A bit of sea salt
- Chop half of the onion and put in the pan with one spoon of olive oil, the clove of garlic ( a bit crushed ) and cook gently for 5 minutes
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in four and add them to the onion
- The other half of the onion put now to cook together ( the half red onion will suck the acidity of the tomatoes and release a bit of sweetness to the sauce )
- Cover and cook gently for 10 – 15 minutes until soft ( add the basil in the last couple of minutes)Adjust with salt pepper and the other spoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Enjoy 🙂
This sauce can be used for pasta and also other recipes. Unlock your creativity with a simple and delicious tomato sauce!Cristian Marino
Buon appetito, and let me know if this secret will help you in the future